Thursday, August 6, 2009

To be a social bee or a solitary bee


For the last one month, I have been too exhausted to write. I was too busy being a social bee. Many friends and family members came from all over the world to celebrate my dear brother's wedding. He and his bride made the celebration a 4-day event. Apparently, that is the norm in our culture. It was interesting getting to know new family members and old ones. I felt like I was a character in one of Jane Austen's novels. The most fascinating part is getting to know me from others' point of view. Whew!

We are now getting ready for my dear sister's wedding. We expect a new set of friends and family members. For the next couple of weeks, I plan to be an even better social bee. One wedding down and another one to go. I cannot wait to rest from all the social buzz. I am thinking I may even be a better solitary bee.

*Photo: Solitary bee on Feverfew by laighleas

2 comments:

  1. A mon humble avis : on peut être à la fois une abeille sociale et une abeille solitaire. C'est dans le contraste que se trouve la richesse. Malheureusement, les autres ne comprennent pas toujours cette alternance dans le comportement. Ils ont tendance à considérer que nous n'avons qu'une seule face.
    Je suis social, parce qu'à certains moments j'ai besoin de solitude.
    Mais je pense aussi que la solitude est vraiment supportable lorsqu'elle est le fruit d'une volonté. Elle ne doit pas être subie. Idem pour la vie en communauté. L'alternance est peut-être le garde-fou contre un trop plein de solitude et un trop plein de société.
    Qu'en pensez-vous Mi ?
    Le mariage de votre soeur s'est-il bien passé ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gerard,

    "...L'alternance est peut-être le garde-fou contre un trop plein de solitude et un trop plein de société..." is so true. We have to figure out how to balance the two.

    My sister's wedding went well. I will be updating soon.

    Thank you for your input!

    ReplyDelete