Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes

This past Sunday, I had an interesting conversation with two four-year old twin sisters who came to visit my mother with their grandmother. They were cute and talkative. During most of the visit, they were busy playing with each other except when I interrupted them.

Me: What are your names?

Twin #1: M...

Twin #2: I... What is your name?

Me: Mi.

Twin #2: Why are you wearing a scarf? (I was having a bad hair day so I was covering my head)

Me: Why? You don't like it?

Twin #2: Did you wash your hair? (Curious look)

Twin #1: Is it still wet?

Me: No and No.

Twin #1: Then you have to remove it (Pause). Where is your baby?

Me: What? Am I supposed to have a baby? (Blank stare) Here is my baby (I pointed at an old Teddy bear that I had)

Twin #1 and #2: Nooo (They started laughing) That is a Teddy bear!

It was good having our home filled with the laughter of young kids. After they left, I was motivated to wash and style my hair. Thanks I and M!

No comments:

Post a Comment